2017 competition closed. Check back on July 27th for more details
Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
1. Should the seven pages of script be the whole story or just the beginning? This is not a trilogy, so the seven pages should include the beginning, middle and end of your story.
2. Do the seven pages include the title page? We won’t judge your script by its cover, so use the seven pages for your script only. However, we do need you to submit a cover page along with your script to include your Name, country email address and film title.
3. What’s the minimum number of pages? Your script must be at least five pages, but no more than seven, written in 12 point Courier font.
4. Do I have to have seven cast members? Your script should have no more than seven cast members, including a key role for Dominic West.
5. My script is about a murderer, but there are no scenes of violence – can I still enter? We cannot feature excessive scenes of violence or excessive use of weaponry, so think more psychological thriller and less ‘slasher flick.’
6. Can my script feature children? Unfortunately the regulations and restrictions around alcohol brands are quite strict, so we will be unable to accept any entries that depict characters under the age of 25.
7. Do I have to write Jameson into my script? Not at all – this does not have to be a Jameson advertisement; we have enough talented people working on those.
8. What is the budget? What budget should I work to? We are more interested in the art of storytelling, so keep the CGI to a minimum.
9. Can I write an adaptation of an existing story? Your script must be an original story – please refer to the 'Warranty' section of the Terms & Conditions on the website.
If you want to keep up to date with all the news from Jameson First Shot, please register for updates by subscribing below.