Make your big break here
ONCE YOU’VE CRAFTED AND HONED YOUR SEVEN-PAGE SCRIPT, MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE COMPETITION RULES, AS IT WOULD BE A REAL SHAME TO MISS OUT ON YOUR BIG BREAK BECAUSE OF AN ADMINISTRATIVE MISHAP.
- You must be at least 25 years old to enter.
- Your story should reveal, with a lightness of touch, the epic that is to be found in everyday experiences.
- Your script must be no longer than seven A4 pages in 12 point Courier (Scorsese’s favourite font).
- Only entrants living in South Africa, Russia, USA, UK, Ireland, India, Australia, Canada (excluding residents of Quebec, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia) and the following areas of India: State of Maharashtra, National Capital region, Delhi and State of Karnataka (collectively, "Territory") are eligible to enter.
- Due to alcohol industry regulations people under the age of 25 cannot be depicted.
- Scenes that depict drug taking or drug references, drunk driving, excessive violence or excessive drinking will not be accepted.
- Your script should include no more than seven cast members (Think Ocean’s 7 - the pre-prequel)
- Scripts must be submitted in English.
- Only one entry per per person - no writing teams (Sorry future Coen brothers)
- Multiple submissions will be void.
Don’t forget that the closing date for entries is 1st February 2015 (17:00 GMT), so make sure your final script is uploaded before the cut off.
Lights, camera and…well you know the rest
Thank you for your interest in Jameson First Shot.
The 2015 competition is now closed.